Last week John competed in his first 5k this year. He did ok but was sick with sinus 2 weeks leading up to the event. I took the kids and we watched him finish. He was behind this girl and at the end sped up to pass her. It was really funny because she was looking back at him the whole last 100 yards and finally he sprinted i in to beat her. I couldn't stop laughing it was so funny. Later when the results came in we found out that it was a 12 year old girl that he edged out at the end. granted she looked more like 16 but still funny. lol. his time was 26:32. last year he ran it in 23:12.


2 comments:
Before I read you post I saw the picture and totally started laughing at that little girl running next to John. I hope that he is able to get his time back down to what it was last year.
I think it is a noble thing to run a 5K at any pace. That little girl looks so much like you Mel when you were younger I had to do a double take. Where's the pregnant belly.....???? Good job John that you didn't let that Mel look alike beat you.
Post a Comment