Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cleaning up the church!!

I forgot what hurricane this was but we had 70mph guts. Needless to say there were alot of downed trees. We lost power for 6 hours, but most of Springfield was without power for a couple of days. On our street alone there were several houses with fallen trees on their roofs. The trees we say were so big it would take at least two of me to put my arms around it. We were lucky because the only trees we had down were branches no bigger then my arm. As some of you know the Church is across the street. Well no one was going to pick up the branches so John went over and cleaned up the lot. Me and Gene went over to "help". Gene enjoyed it for a little while because he got to pick up sticks and then throw them in the back of daddy's truck. He's a good helper when he likes what he's doing.

3 comments:

Beth said...

That's nice of you and John to clean up the church. I wonder why the boy scouts or the young men didn't do it?!

Cody said...

I can just imagine Gene being a big boy and helping daddy. That's pretty sweet.

Moma said...

I noticed that Gene likes to help out. That is a very good personality trait for the oldest child. He will be a good son to you and help you with the littler kids as your family grows.