So I decided to be induced this past Friday. Everything went well and 7 hours after arriving at the hospital we had another addition to our little family. Later John told me he got a little squeamish when he watched them to the epidural (last time he was in front of me). He told me what they did and it now makes me not want one anymore. lol j/k they are heaven in a tube for labor. Elijah John Whitacre arrived at 1:13pm on June 25, 2010. He was 20 1/2 long and 6.10 ounces. He has the same coloring as Gene when he was born and a full head of red hair. He was having trouble regulating his own body temperature so they checked his blood sugar and found it critically low, so once again another one of my children gets taken away back to the nursery for further investigation. They ended up giving him glucose water and some formula. After that he was fine. Grandma and Aunt Misty came to the hospital with Gene and Zion to see Elijah. Gene was very sweet and timid. I don't think he realized how small a newborn baby is lol. He was happy to hold him though and also brought me some schulers cookies, which were heaven. Zion didn't know what to think of Elijah and just wanted to climb up and sit by me and give me hugs and kisses. I am lucky to have such sweet boys, and a supporting family. John just loves having 3 boys now.
Also after one night at the hospital we decided again to go home after 24 hours. I know some of you think I'm crazy for not wanting to stay longer but NOTHING compares to my bed. (thanks dad) We all slept great last night excluding the hour long nursing sessions.
First family picture
Proud dad
just look at that face.
Elijah's first hug and kiss from Zion. It always hits me when I bring a new baby home how much my kids have grown. There is such a difference in changing Zion and Elijah's diapers. lol
p.s. sorry it has taken so long to update but well you know :)
10 comments:
He is so cute! I'm glad the older boys like him. I'm sure its a hard adjustment...good luck with that. Ya the epideral is a little scary to think about getting, but it's well worth it!!!
Congratulations! Funny how some of us get all boys or all girls...Cute baby. I hope you are able to get a little rest in between all you have to do. Love ya! ~Teri
Mel, he is just adorable and it is such a funny feeling because he looks so much like Gene. That will be fun, they are far enough away in age to not be mistaken for twins. I love you all and am so proud of your beautiful little family. The sacrefice is so worth it, and your children will bless you forever (like mine have!!)
Zion does look pretty big!
Congrats you guys - awesome little family of good looking red-heads!!!
Congrats Mama! I love the pictures - I can't wait for my own hospital pics! Yes, people may think you're crazy for going home so soon, but we totally agree you get much better rest at home. We think my sis-in-law is a little nuts to want to stay in the hospital 4 days!
He is one handsome little man. Congrats! We are exciting to meet Elijha. I'm glad everything went well and you were able to go home so soon. Great Job Mel!
Awwww, Mel! I'm so happy for you!! You're making me baby hungry! I'm so glad that Sam's getting married so that we can see little Elijah. I'd have to agree with the huge growth spurt that happens overnight with the older siblings. Blows my mind. Warmest congradulations Mel and John!!
Congratulations on your new addition! He's a cutie! I loved my epidural too.
Congrats Mel!! You have an adorable little family of boys! :)
Post a Comment