Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cleaning up the Church

For our joint YM YW activity this month we decided to do a full scale Church clean up. We had 47 people there helping us mulch edge and clean up. Everyone worked for 2 hours and we completed the whole thing. It has been long before John and I got married (almost 8 years) since the church grounds have been mulched and cleaned up on this large of a scale.  Gene really enjoyed the work. He loved to dig the holes and to put the plants into the holes. If you were doing something that he thought he could do he would say "let me help" and if you didn't let him help or ignored him he would say "your not letting me help", or "mom your not listening to me". He is such a cutie. BUT I think his (John's too) favorite part was driving the tractor delivering mulch with his daddy. This project wouldn't have happened if not for John and his willingness to serve in my calling lol.




2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad that John was willing to help you out. You owe him big time. It looked like quite the project, I'm sure the members appriciate how beautiful it looks now. Hopefully it won't have to be done again soon. Letting kids help is good for them, but sometime it takes patients on the parents' part!

Moma said...

The church grounds sure did look beautiful after "Your" project Mel. What a beautiful spring you are having there in OHIO.